The client is a global leader in Business Process Management (BPM), with a presence in close to 20 countries.
As a fast-growing organisation with a diverse workforce, the client wanted to give a boost to its internal communications. The content needed to be creative and compelling.
The client wanted to explore new formats and writing styles so that employees irrespective of cultures, age groups and bands will engage with it.
As an integral part of the client’s internal communications team, we are involved right from campaign conceptualisation to creating content assets on an ongoing basis.
1. Elevate engagement levels among employees
2. Ideate and deliver creative content for new campaigns
3. Provide solutions with a quick turnaround time
Here are three high priority campaigns in which we collaborated with the client’s in-house team:
1.Employee Referral Programme
– Worked on elevating the overall messaging
– Took care of CXO messages such as emails to go out on behalf of the company’s HR head and business heads
– Created emails, text messages, web banner copy and short video scripts for the company’s social media handles
– Conceptualised and prepared email communication to the company’s ex-employees who are part of its alumni network
2.Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Campaign
– Wrote teasers to generate curiosity around the campaign
– Created banners for laptop wallpapers to improve campaign recall and encourage employees to take a survey
– Drafted emails on behalf of senior executives and follow-up text messages for team leaders
3.Collateral for CSR Event Series
– Created eye-catching teasers to spread awareness about the event among employees
– Drafted speeches and talking points for senior executives
– Wrote emails to promote the event and scripts for the event host
1. Infused freshness in internal campaigns with creative writing and new formats and styles
2. Moved beyond conventional ideas to build brand identities across a wide range of new initiatives
3. Improved campaign delivery with quick and efficient turnaround of content projects
4. Freed up the time of in-house resources so that they can take on other responsibilities